Founder and President.
Early on in her corporate HR career, Kimberly Prescott earned a reputation as a confident, fearless advisor.
Kimberly noticed that while some of her HR colleagues hesitated to make the bold or tough recommendations that a situation required, she was unintimidated by sticky situations, driven to serve companies and leaders with the best advice and guidance for what to do next. Her willingness to address, head on, the issues at hand — along with her love of all things HR (employment law compliance, employee relations and business strategy) — led her to start her own HR consulting firm. Prescott HR was launched in 2014 to relentlessly handle all of the HR challenges, not just the easy ones.
Kimberly is practiced at assisting clients with developing a strong internal management and human resources structure during periods of organizational change and/or rapid growth. She’s also adept at creating and defining HR departments and practices from the ground up.
Kimberly’s commitment to helping her clients is unwavering and her confidence, palpable. With expertise, authenticity, and ease, she identifies, simplifies, and resolves problems.
Kimberly brings nearly two decades of experience from previous HR leadership and director positions, including at Whole Foods, Social Solutions, Maxim Healthcare Services, TEKsystems, Paychex, and Giant Food.
Community and giving back is important to Kimberly. Among others, she is Past President of the Howard County Human Resources Society (HoCo HRS) and she is a pro bono consultant with the Taproot Foundation. Kimberly holds the Senior Human Resources Professional (SPHR) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certifications. She attended the University of Maryland University College, studying Human Resources Management.
When Kimberly is not working with clients, she enjoys traveling for good food, shopping, and spending time with her husband and daughter.
When you need an HR consultant who lays it on the line, turn to Prescott HR.
AFFILIATIONS & RECOGNITION
- Community Foundation of Howard County – Vice Chair
- Leadership Howard County – Board Member (Premier 2018 graduate)
- Howard County Chamber of Commerce Legislative Affairs Committee, Labor and Employment Subcommittee – Chair
- Maryland Chamber of Commerce HR Advisory Committee – Member
- Howard County Human Resources Society (HoCo HRS) (Chapter of SHRM) – Past President
- Business Women’s Networking Group of Howard County – Secretary
- Taproot Foundation – Pro Bono HR Consultant (Volunteer)
- Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) — Professional Member
- SHRM Assurance of Learning Assessment – Item Writer (March 2015)
- SHRM Student Case Competition – Judge (March 2015)
- SHRM BoCK Refresh – Participant (May and June 2015)
- Corporate Leadership Council (CLC), 2011 HR Leadership Academy – Participant
- Featured as a Woman of Influence in the February 2019 edition of I95 Business Magazine
- Featured content expert on online radio show
- Participated in a roundtable discussion featured in the
- June 2015 SHRM HR Magazine