As a business owner or manager, you probably already know how important team building is to overall company culture. Effective team building exercises can help your team be more productive while creating a positive and uplifting workplace environment. If your organization is not sure how to implement effective team building exercises, keep reading for some tips and ideas to help get you started!
Have Full Team Participation
In order to make your team building exercises as successful as possible, you have to make sure that your entire team is on board and involved. That’s why we recommend trying to make any team building exercise a company requirement. You want full participation from each member of your organization to ensure that no one feels left out. Team building exercises promote bonding, so you don’t want to exclude an employee from an exercise.
When it comes to planning a team building exercise (or a full day of exercises) you want to think outside the box. Gathering your employees into the conference room to play standard ice-breakers like “two truths and a lie” are not going to cut it. Instead, get creative and find ways to engage your employees in team building exercises. Here are a few unique and fun ideas:
- Game Day: Block off an afternoon on a Friday to host a “game day” in the office. This can include board games, card games or puzzles. Encourage your employees to unwind and have some fun while playing different games.
- Scavenger Hunt: A fun way to get outside the office is to host a company-wide scavenger hunt. Have upper management hide different clues around the exterior of the office. Your team can work together to solve clues and find the items.
- Learn a New Skill: Another creative idea is to host a seminar where your employees can learn a new skill. One example is to bring in someone to teach your team how to crochet or knit. Your team will have fun learning a new skill and bonding together during the presentation.
- Get Outside the Office: If you want to take your team building outside of the office, there are no shortage of fun activities to facilitate team bonding. Try an Escape Room, where your employees will have to work together to complete various challenges.
- Take a Class: Another fun idea outside of the office is to take a group class. There are an assortment of class options available, like a cooking class or a group pottery throwing class. Find something exciting for your team members to experience and learn together.
Reach Out to Prescott HR for Team Building Tips
Prescott HR offers a wide range of services that can help you find team building exercises to implement within your organization. Our unintimated HR practices allow us to be focused and effective, providing your business with exactly what you need. Give us a call today at 443-351-8818 or contact us online.